Creating a difference in the community has always been incredibly important to Dulux so for this year's Jelly Beans campaign we elected to support Second Chance Animal Rescue.
For the 2019 Jelly Beans campaign Dulux will be donating $1.00 from every Jelly Beans tin to Second Chance Animal Rescue, equating in a $140,000 donation to fit out their new Animal Hospital with much needed equipment.
Second Chance Animal Rescue was founded in 2008 after vet nurse and shelter volunteer Marisa Debattista witnessed firsthand how many beautiful animals needed help, versus how few resources were available. The new hospital will help alleviate this pressure within the wider Victorian area. "Our new animal hospital aims to provide veterinarian support to sick and injured animals whose owners may not be able to afford to pay the bills." Marisa says. "We will also be offering a number of free services not readily available within the state - such as our Safe House for Pets program, where we house pets temporarily for owners who are family violence survivors."
In addition, some of our Dulux team volunteered their time and skills to paint the new hospital, with Dulux supplying all paint to complete the project.
Over the course of the next twelve months, Marisa and the team at Second Chance Animal Rescue have projected that through the animal hospital and its supporting programs they will be able to achieve the following:
• Adopt out 1400 homeless cats and dogs;
• Treat over 3000 public patients in the Community Animal Hospital;
• De-sex 300 animals for free via the Pet Outreach Program;
• Assist over 300 underprivileged pet owners with free veterinary treatments via the Pet Outreach Program;
• Hand out over 2000kg of pet food to underprivileged pet owners via the Free Food Bank;
• Run 45 responsible pet ownership workshops (inluding Pet First Aid and puppy school classes): and
• Offer free emergency respite care to more than 50 animals belonging to domestic and family violence survivors via the Safe House for Pets Program.
Stay tuned for more information on this year's Jelly Beans Campaign.